Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

S550: Have a 2009 S550 4matic. Can't get assistance menu to…

Customer Question
Have a 2009 S550 4matic...
Have a 2009 S550 4matic. Can't get assistance menu to show
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
6/29/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Are you still needing assistance ? Are you looking for the service menu ? The menu in the dash or in the radio (command)?
I can get the service menu and the settings menu on the instrument cluster but the Assistance menu which has the pre safe brake command doesn't show.
Ok I'm not sure I'm on the same page yet , what is it you are trying to do ? Turn a function on or off or what ? Why are you needing that menu ?
I want the assistance menu to show so I can regulate "blind spot assist"; "Distronic"; "Pre-safe brake" and other commands. The Assistance menu is suppose to activate when I hit the control system on the left side of the steering wheel. I do get the trip, service, settings, and others to show but not the Assistance menu.
Oh ok ok. Ok so you can use the left or right arrows to go through the menu screens and then once in the screens you can press the up and down to go through the pages of the menu. So all you have to do is press the right or left arrow until the menu is on "driver assistance" (if I remember correctly ) and whatever options the car had are in that screen , not all cars came equipped with all the options. How long have you had the car ? And do both the left and right arrows work on the steering wheel ?
Just got the car. I know how to navigate to get to the menus but the Assistance doesn't show. All the arrows do work.
Ok. If the assurance doesn't show then you don't have any of the options for it to show. That can be the only explanation as if you had any of them the menu would be there. Just to double check , if your side mirrors do not have a orange or yellow triangle on the glass then you do not have blind spot assist. Have you seen these triangles ?