Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

GL450: Michael. The rear cargo door on our 2014 GL450 won't…

Customer Question
Hi Michael. The rear...
Hi Michael. The rear cargo door on our 2014 GL450 won't close, either automatically or manually. What do we do?
The door wasn't fully open, about 80% open, and I pushed it up to load cargo. Now it seems to be stuck in the full open position.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/26/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. So you have not just pulled down on the door to try and close ? It will be hard but you won't break anything , give it a good tug down. The right shock for the door is what actually opens the hatch so it may have just failed on you. It is quite common. See if you can pull it down.