Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

C280: My AC was not very cold so i added freon and there was…

Customer Question
My AC was not very...
My AC was not very cold so i added freon and there was some improvement but not
normal (very cold) I evacuated the system (low Side) attempted to charge (low Side) now system will not accept Charge (freon) and Clutch will not Engage when I attempt to add Freon. When I started clutch was engaging until evacuated the system. I will pay if you
solve my problem.
attention MBPaul
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/25/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. If
The car was running when the ac was evacuated then the EC light may be stuck on. Start the car and turn in the ac and see if the red light in the EC button is on?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
the EC light is not on
The EC light us not on
I will have to opt out. Sorry for the delay.
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi John, welcome back. My name is***** you are using a charging station you will need to put power to the compressor clutch in order to charge the system. The refrigerant cans won't get enough pressure into the system to activate the compressor. Use a fused jumper lead to jump power to the clutch wire from a hot fuse or from that terminal block right in front of the fuse box. Once you get about a pound of refrigerant into the system the clutch will engage on it's own.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Marty