Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2003 Mercedes E500 with flash Code P207E i know

Customer Question
hello i have 2003 Mercedes...
hello i have 2003 Mercedes E500 with flash Code P207E i know the code is the efficiency of the left catalytic converter is low but how do i fix the problem ? i bought a universal catalytic converter with is walker 8203 would this work?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/25/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** always use genuine Mercedes replacement catalytic converters when repairing an efficiency code. Aftermarket converters may work but they usually only work for a short period of time. I would not be surprised if your efficiency code returned within a year. For best results I would use the Mercedes replacement converter. Before replacing the converter the front and rear oxygen sensors should be checked with a scan tool to be sure that they are operating properly.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Ok I'll return this one also can I read them with my snap on solus pro scanner if so do you know where I need to go and what at the normal operation readings
I don't use the Solus Pro I use the factory tester. On the Solus you would probably go into the ECM and go to actual values. Your front sensor should swing back and forth between 100 and 700. Your rear sensor should stay fairly steady at around 600. If the rear sensor is swinging back and forth like the front sensor it would indicate a bad converter. You can also compare your front and rear sensors to the other side to get an idea. They should be very similar side to side.
Let me know if you need anything else. Please don't forget to rate my service in order to credit me for my help.
Marty
Ok I'll hook it up now and give it a try will let you know shortly
ok