Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Glk: I saw your post online. I have same problem. dealer ship…

Customer Question
I saw your post online...
I saw your post online. I have same problem. dealer ship told me that need to be replace car lock $1500..., I need your opinion . May be I need to change only car ignition switch .
------------------
..... this is a common problem on this model. Your exactly right, the ignition switch can't turn on circuit 15 " ignition on" circuit. This happens when the ignition switch or steering lock module fails. To tow it, the car can be put into neutral with a special release. The front of the trim piece around the shifter lifts up and their is a release button/lever on the back of the shifter Taft will allow the shifter to come out of park. To steer, the tow truck usually installs wheel dollies/go jacks on the front wheels. This allows the front of the car to be slid around and then winched up the flat bed.
Customer:
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/mercedes/6uzg0-mercedes-benz-glk-350-4matic-2010-glk-350-won-t-start.html#ixzz3duOgstQW
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/24/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The ignition lock and switch are both the same on this model as I recall and see with the info I have here.It is common for this component to fail and cause this issue here.In this case if the vehicle will not start it will need towed as above to a dealer to have it replaced and programmed.
Thanks Pete