Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

E320: 2005 MB e320, Few months back the dash information reported

Customer Question
2005 MB e320, Few months...
2005 MB e320, Few months back the dash information reported that right front directional
was not working and sure enough it was not, I checked the bulb and wiring and could not see any problem, a few says later it started working again, this a happens several times a month, now I see that radio and the disc player work sporadically, if i wait patiently they resume working, two days ago the rear sunscreen went up by itself, when I pushed the down button nothing happened, the following day when driving along it came down by itself,
The car is in great shape with only 65000 miles it has been serviced by MB dealers
since day one. Any ideas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/22/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. you have a few different issues, the bulb could be the socket they get water inside and they corrode, so check the pins inside to make sure they are not green, also the power is not supplied from a fuse its supplied by a control module, so if the connections are ok then the contro module is causing the issue, its rare so i would put my money on the socket,

as for the radio, software updates are common to be needed, have the dealer check your radio for current updates next time you are in for service, there most likely is one that will help the problem.

as for the rear sunscreen, lol, that sounds like the car is possessed, no seriously, same thing, its controlled by a control module, in the trunk the fuse box is also the control module, its possible that module is going bad or got water into it if it rained recently. its called the rear sam and its common in these models to fail, but would better be diagnosed by a tech with a scan tool to make sure the switch is not faulty and activating it on its own. hope this helps. let me know if you need more information. i am here to help Lou.

Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉

Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.
Did you need further assistance it have any questions on what I had stated ? Please let me know.
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician