Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My srs light just came on & I realize only a mechanic can fix…

Customer Question
My srs light just came...
My srs light just came on & I realize only a mechanic can fix this. In the meantime is it dangerous to drive?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/21/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
actually when a srs light comes on a fault is stored in the module and the module disables the affected circuit, so there is no worry about safety, BUT keep in mind that the disabled circuit will not activate the airbag so do drive a little extra carefully. if you can tell me your model i can give you the possible cause, due to highest repair problems. hope this helps. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.
SLK(###) ###-####
Ok most common cause is just a seat belt buckle on the drivers side The air bag will still work but the seat belt emergency retractor will not. There is a cable on the seat belt buckle that will tighten the seat belt if in a accident. That is the common issue. Hope this information helps. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.