Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

S550: , I just had a Sirius Satellite Radio control unit…

Customer Question
Hi, I just had a...
Hi, I just had a Sirius Satellite Radio control unit replaced in my car during a repair by an independent Mercedes technician. Upon installation, the radio is functional but the traffic is not. I have an existing subscription for live traffic and was functioning before the repair. Sirius customer service representative suggested that the dealer need to perform an "activation" for the traffic function. I would like to know if that is true and what are the procedures for the technician.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/20/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. The representative was correct. What we do at the dealer is hook the diagnostic machine up to the car , it then tells us what software is currently installed into the modules of the audio system and then shows us what the current updates for the software are. And this can only be done with a diagnostic Mercedes factory scanner and the update CDs. The cost should be 100$-150$ depending on dealer location. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.