Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Sprinter: Mercedes 2008 Sprinter: Can the steering lock mechanism

Customer Question

Mercedes 2008 Sprinter: Can the steering lock mechanism be removed when in the locked position? What are the normal stimuli for deactivation of the steering lock?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
If the steering lock is in the O position (the key cylinder ) then the lock cannot be removed. The key must be turned to the first click , if this cannot be done and the steering lick needs removed it will to be cut off from under the dash. The steering lock had a anti theft feature to where if the key cylinder is removed to try to steal the car the lock will ratchet out and permanently lock the column. So if there is a key issue then the whole assembly must be cut off as close to the column to be able to press in the locking pin to remove it. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.