Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

SL500: why would oil leake from mercedes benz sl500 transmission…

Customer Question
why would oil leake from...
why would oil leake from mercedes benz sl500 transmission into exhaust system
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/20/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Oil cannot leak INTO , but rather ONTO. What is the issue you are having ??
TRANSMISSION OIL IS COMING OUT OF THE EXHAUST PIPE ALONG WITH A LOT OF SMOKE
OUT OF NOT ON TO
That is physically impossible. There is absolutely no relation from trans to exhaust. I would like to help you but maybe it's better we talk on the phone. Let me know.
HI
IF THE ENGINE OIL WERE TO HAVE BEEN FILLED INSTEAD OF THE TRANSMISSION WOULD THIS EXPLAIN IT
WOULD THE EXCESS OIL GET INTO THE EXHAUST SYSTEM
If the fluid were filled into the engine the engine would barely run or definitely smoke a lot but you would not be able to distinguish between trans and engine oil if it were burning out of the tailpipe. Could you give me some back story ? How and when did this happen ? The trans in your car should be a 722.6 trans (with a dispatch tube)not the 7 speed (fill from under car no tube ) if I remember correctly. And those do have a common leaking spot where the connector goes into the trans. I would like to help you figure this out. If you could give me some history on the issue and some more reasons why you think trans fluid is burning through the engine I can for sure clear this up
For you. Lou
MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician