Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

300: Ventilation fans will not turn on. When thermostat set…

Customer Question
Ventilation fans will not turn...
Ventilation fans will not turn on. When thermostat set for cold air, cold air will gently flow out of vents. But fans will not turn on using any setting. In addition, the windshield cleaning fluid will not spray when appropriate lever pushed on "handle" which also operates windshield wipers. Is this a special fuse problem. I have a larger fuse that came with the car. My brother, who gave me the car, says it should be used in a fuse box found behind the front passenger seat.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/17/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, there is a separate fuse for the blower motor that is not located in the main fuse box under the hood. It is located just in front of the main fuse box in a small fuse box near the front shock tower. Open the lid on the box and inspect the flat strip fuse inside and see if it is cracked in the middle. On your windshield washers the problem is most likely a bad washer pump. Fuse #2 in the main fuse box under the hood is for the washers. You should remove and inspect the fuse and if it is good you will probably find that the washer pump is bad.
Copy and paste the link below for a picture of the fuse box.
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/attachments/tech-help/84140d1282560384-accessing-c-heater-blower-motor-1986-300e-w124-p2124521x.jpg
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Looked the hood and found box labeled in image as a fuse box separate from the main fuse box. Opened it but there is no fuse there; only two flat head screws. Could the fuse box located underneath the passenger seat contain the fuse for the blower motor? If so, which fuse is it? A diagram would be helpful.
I meant back seat, passenger side for underseat fuse box.
I have a 1995 Mercedes E 300 Diesel.
Hi, there should be a fuse in that fuse holder. The part number for the fuse is 000 545 20 34. It's a flat 30 amp strip fuse. Were there wires under the two screws? If there were I'd go ahead and install a fuse and see if the blower works. You could also purchase an in line fuse holder with a 30 amp fuse installed and screw one end under each of the screws. There are no fuses under the back seat for the blower.
Let me know how you make out.
Marty