Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

450SL: My 1975 Mercedes 450SL won't idle at certain times.

Customer Question
My 1975 Mercedes 450SL won't...
My 1975 Mercedes 450SL won't idle at certain times. When it gets hot the RPMS go down to 5000 and it kills.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/15/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Most causes for this issue is the idle air control valve. If you can pinch off the hoses when this happens and it stays running that will tell you the valve has failed. It is the metal cylinder looking thing just to the right front of the intake with a 2 pin connector on it and two rubber hoses. The hoses may be extremely hard depending on age but this is the valve that causes issues. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.