Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

C220: I have 1996 c220 will not start red-green lite on mrror

Customer Question
I have 1996 c220 will...
I have 1996 c220 will not start red-green lite on mrror flash back and forth
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/14/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less.when the lights flash that means there is a fault with the alarm system. Try this. Close the door and press the lock and unlock on the key remote. Then try to start. If you do not have a remote then lock and unlock the drivers door with the key while all the doors are closed. Then it should start. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Tried that didn't work
Ok do you have just a blade key or a remote ? When the lights flash it means the starting is disabled from the alarm system. So do not replace any parts , if you tried what I suggested then you HAVE to go and have the codes scanned by a dealer that way you know why the alarm system is not shutting off. This is the only thing you can do. You are wasting your time trying to diagnose ANYTHING because you have non idea what the alarm system is or is not doing. You may just need a new key or ignition switch something as simple as that. Hope this information helps. This is your only option. Trust me. You will have your car back on the road faster than if you keep replacing parts that the car does not need. Again Hope this information helps. I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician