Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 SL500 and I need to resync the keys. Neither…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 SL500...
I have a 2005 SL500 and I need to resync the keys. Neither key will turn in the ignition
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/13/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** is no resync procedure for the smart keys if they do not turn in the ignition. If neither key will turn in the ignition either your electronic ignition switch has failed or the battery in the trunk is weak. I'd connect a jumper battery to the trunk battery and see if it helps. If you have no success you will most likely need a new ignition switch. The technician will need to verify that power and ground are present at the appropriate terminals on the switch before condemning the switch.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?
Please let me know.
Marty