Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

430 sl: I have a2000 430 so every once in a while while driving

Customer Question

I have a2000 430 so every once in a while while driving the horn will beep and windshield wiper will sweep twice any idea
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. If you have your wipers set automatic they will wipe once every time the car is started and then periodically as you drive to let you know that automatic wipers are on. Make sure the stalk is in the O position. As for the horn , the contact or airbag may be slightly loose so as you steer or hit a bump it will accidentally sound the horn. To tighten or remove airbag you just need a 2-1/2 Inch long t30 bit and you can unscrew the 2 screws from behind the steering wheel. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They both go off at the same time and it does not happen all the time and when I start the car the wipers do not go on it also happens when car isstopped
Stopped as in the key is not on ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Key is on stopped at light it is light the horn and wiper is an alarm or so
Ok here's the options. 1- the steering column control module located inside the steering column. Or the left front fuse box control module called a "left front Sam". Does this happen when it rains or is wet or humid outside ?
hello, just following up with you, Lou
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It happens whenever there is no set time sometimes it does not happen at all weather is not a factor
ok, so all the systems inside a mercedes work off of communications and lots of modules, there is nothing that is not controll by a control module inside a mercedes, so the left front sam ( signal Aquisition module ) is connected to the underside of the left fuse box and that is what activates the wipers and horn . now if you can start the car and rotate the steering wheel and adjust it up and down and in and out and bang on it , see if theres anything you can do to set the actions off, if not then the fault is most likely inside the sam and will need replaced, they are really easy to replace and you can probably find a used one on ebay, it will need to be coded to your car but if you get lucky you may find one from another s calss with the same options and not have to code anything. but that is probably going to be your issue, does this sound helpful?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I apologize gave my old car info the right car is 2000 430. Slk sane issue
They did. It make a slk 430. So..... Haha. Did you mean clk ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes clk thanks
Actually the clk works the same as the s class so the information i provided was accurate. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.