Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Mercedes

Customer Question
I have a c32amg no...
I have a c32amg no error codes cranks no start
Was driving flashed all kinds of blinking faults then died
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/13/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, the most common cause of a crank no start on the Mercedes is a faulty crankshaft position sensor. If the sensor fails you will have no spark to the spark plugs. Another possibility is a faulty fuel pump. If you lose the fuel pressure the car will also crank but not start. You will need to have some tests performed to see if there spark to the spark plugs and fuel pressure to the fuel rail. If there is no spark I'd suspect the crank sensor. If there is no fuel pressure I'd suspect the fuel pump.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?
Please let me know.
Marty
No it was not !!!!! For a certified mechanic don't you think you should have mentioned the fuse that controlled the engine systems as a posible two minute fix for two bucks and not jumped to the 80 dollar part them immediately say if that doesn't work go to a service shop who always over charge. We like doing things ourselves that's why we are online asking not spend money just to have some guy tell me to go to a shop so I AM NOT satisfied thanks for nothing I will be asking for my fee back
Can you tell me specifically which fuse was replaced?
That would be #48 in pretty sure.
Thanks for your reply. Fuse 48 feeds circuit 15 which powers some of the engine electronics. Fuses don't just blow for no reason. If it happens again you will need to trace the fuse circuit to find your short. You have to realize that when I post an answer I tell you what is most common. Yes the basics should always be checked first but blowing an engine electronics fuse is not very common. I have no idea who you are or what your level of experience is. I don't know if you are a technician or a novice. This is a back and forth type of exchange. It's hard to list all of the possibilities on every single answer I provide. I'm glad you got it squared away.
Marty
At this point it doesn't matter the reason it does give the exact symptoms I described it should have been first response then CPS. You should always start with easiest and progress upwards slowly
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician