Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

E320: I Have a E320 Mercedes 1998 that want change gears.

Customer Question
I Have a E320 Mercedes...
I Have a E320 Mercedes 1998 that want change gears.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/13/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** leaking into the electrical connector can travel all the way up into the transmission computer and cause problems. The computer is located in the module box under the hood at the passenger side rear. If the computer is dry the most common cause of limp home mode on the Mercedes is a faulty speed sensor in the transmission. You will need to get a diagnostic scan performed to read out the fault codes in the transmission computer. A Mercedes scan tool is required to read transmission fault codes. If there are speed sensor fault codes stored in the computer the transmission conductor plate which contains the speed sensors will need to be replaced.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?
Please let me know.
Marty
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician