Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I remove the door trim cover that covers the third fixing…

Customer Question
how do I remove the...
how do I remove the door trim cover that covers the third fixing screw on the wing mirror assy? Its a Mercedes Viano 2008, 2.2 CDI & I need to change the wing mirror assy
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/12/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Can you post your vin please ?
I do not have it to haqnd
I just want to know how to remove the door trim cover (without damaging it) that covers the third fixing screw on the wing mirror assy? Its a Mercedes Viano 2008, 2.2 CDI as I need to change the wing mirror assy, which I have.
ok, without the vin i cannot tell you , that model is not in the USA and all experts are from the usa, i will have to opt out then, sorry. Lou
OK I think I have found it - WDF63981113473481
ok let me check
2 torx screws under handle you pull the door to close it (pry plastic cover at lowest point from underneath with small flathead screwdriver - it pops off, and behind it are the two torx screws.)
3 phillips screws at bottom of door
1 screw for plastic speaker cover, 4 screws for speaker
Then starting from bottom pry plastic cover off with small flathead sliding it to where you feel the clip is an then with a little pressure pop out the plastic clip, or special tool if you've got it, all the way to the top on both sides, then lift entire panel upwards.
this should work, most benz always have 1 screw for the mirror hiding behind the door panelling , if this does not help let me know and i will for sure opt out and see if another expert can help. Lou. Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.
Hi The trim I am concerned with is only on the door front window pillar, I do not need to remove the panel on the inside of the door itself. There are 3 torx fixing screws for the wing mirror, 2 are immediately accessible as there is no cover on them, but the third is under a trim panel that is on the front window pillar of the door. It just want to remove this piece of trim. Can you help with that?Thanks
Oh ok. Usually the top pops out and then the whole thing slides up. Most times depending on age the clip or tab that holds the triangle trim breaks. So you want to pry it very carefully. So pry from the top with a flat tool to not scratch anything and then when it pops , pull it upward. Hopefully I am correct. Lou