Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1990 300e "CEL" on diagnostic box LED flashes 5x

Customer Question
1990 300E "CEL" is on...

1990 300E "CEL" is on, pressed button on the diagnostic box LED flashes 5x ? Your site says "Answers ASAP", waiting almost 1 hr.........

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/12/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Tomorrow I can upload to you all of the flashing codes that way you can have them on file.

I looked up LED flashes 5x on other forums and answer was EGR inop, so can I be confident this is the discrepant part ?

I do notice trusting forums. No real mechanics use forums. Only the normal do it yourselfer that really does not know what they are saying lol. They heard or read it somewhere so they post it. I can get you the complete diagnostic routine and all the flash meanings tomorrow. It's only available on the job site. Hope that is ok.
ok here is the chart, to erase the codes, hold the button down for 8-10 seconds for each individual code, the egr is usually the fault located on the passenger side of the engine, make sure there is vacuum present from the solenoid in the front of the engine when th engine is above 3000 rpm. hope this helps. click the link below. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉

Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.

DIAGNOSTIC CODES
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician