Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Would it be safe to top up my automatic transmission fluid…

Customer Question
Would it be safe to...
Would it be safe to top up my automatic transmission fluid with a compatible fluid.. In other words, would it be safe to mix it in with the existing fluid in the car? 2001 Mercedes ML 320
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/7/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** is no big deal to add. Make sure you get the full synthetic dexron Mercon 6 fluid. You will also need the Mercedes Benz dipstick to make sure level is correct as the Mercedes does not come with a dipstick. Or you can make one. Here is a link to make a stick out of mechanics wire or something similar.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/dely1nbtc3b6kl0
The reading between the bot***** *****ne and bottom of stick is 10mm. From bot***** *****nes it is 10mm-24mm and the top lines are 54mm to 64 mm. I will double check that also as I had this made for another customer. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
I will check back with a updated picture.