Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

C240: I have a 2003 c240 and the rear diver's side door window…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 c240...
I have a 2003 c240 and the rear diver's side door window when I use the one touch up with close and then roll down about 3 or 4 inches and cannot get it to reset
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/6/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Usually whenever the one touch keeps moving the window back down it is because the window motors senses a restriction or slowing of speed so it reverses the window for safety. So you can do two things.
1- disconnect the battery for a minute. Then reconnect. Then pull the window switch up WITHOUT clicking the window switch to the auto up feature and KEEP holding it up when the window closes and you will hear the motor click off after 2-3 seconds indicating the one touch was learned. You only have to do it in the up position. There is no learn in the down position.
2- before you disconnect the battery , clean the felt inside where the sides of the window slide. Use a silicone spray that is a dry lube type made by 3M products. Usually just cleaning and lubricating the side of the window slides will free the window up so it will stop reversing. Hope this information helps if You have ANY questions let me know I will do my best to help you. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉