Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Glk350: hey Michael...mike from the muffler doctor in kcmo...I

Customer Question

hey Michael...mike from the muffler doctor in kcmo...I have a customer who's glk 350 periodically wont start and a/c doesn't work...any ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. When you say won't start , do you mean won't crank also ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
acts just like the battery is bad but has a new one in it.
Ok then the problem is the ignition switch. It is not recognizing the key inserted. If you leave the key in the on position and wait for the dash lights to come on then it will start. You can use that until the switch is replaced. Here is a bulletin link. Copy and paste it. It is not your model but the model used the same eis part numbers. (Electronic ignition switch =EIS)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ooz0h01pu8zirii
As for the ac , I would need more information to assist. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will absolutely continue to help if you need follow up information, all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you, i appreciate it, Thank you , Lou.