Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

S550: im having infamous Battery issue with my 07 MB s550…

Customer Question
im having infamous Battery issue...
im having infamous Battery issue with my 07 MB s550 ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
6/5/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Have you had any codes scanned? Also do you have a meter to check to see the battery voltage while the car is running ?
I have not had any codes scanned, there is no engine light. Only the red battery light comes on after starting the car. I will check battery with voltage meter today.
ok can you give me your vin, you actually have 2 batteries, one in the engine bay and one in the trunk, you will need to check the one in the engine bay also, and start the car and make sure the batteries read 13.0-14.6 no higher or lower, if higher or lower the alternator is bad. hope this helps, i am here to help if you need more info Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.