Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Pete Ive got a C-320 wagon with awd. last weekend the rain

Customer Question
Hi Pete Ive got a...
Hi Pete Ive got a C-320 wagon with awd. last weekend the rain gutter overflowed and water went down into the fuse compartment area and it was about 4 in deep. I sucked it out with a wet vac and ran a fan on it for a few days. We did get it started today . It runs about 3 min and then shuts off. The malfunction shows an ESP malfunction. After a 10 min wait it starts again but shuts off for 3 min. Any suggestions ? Id like to keep it running for an hour to get it to my shop. Tks John
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/4/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect all electronics and electrical connections in the area the water had built up for any corrosion.If any corrosion is found with any electrical connections the corrosion needs to be cleaned to see if you can keep it running longer then the terminals in the electrical connector replaced at the repair facility.
If any electronic components have internal corrosion unfortunately they will need replaced in order to keep the vehicle running.
Water damages the electronics rapidly to were the electrical components require replacement and any connections require cleaning or terminal replacement in the connections.
The only way to be able to keep it running is to see if you can locate any more water needing dried out and any electrical connections cleaned.
Thanks Pete
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic