Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

CLK 320: Unable to reset Service A light using factory procedures…

Customer Question
Unable to reset Service A...
Unable to reset Service A light using factory procedures - 06/02 CLK 320
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/2/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Ca you give me your vin and explain to me in detail what you are doing ? And what's happening on the dash ?
WDBTJ65J63F012071 - when I turn the key on, it says "Service A exceeded by 200 miles". When I scroll to the mileage or temp. screen and push the button 3x, no voltage screen. I pushed it 3x pretty fast, but nothing. I tried it with key in 1st position, 2nd position, and nothing worked. I also had all the doors, windows, hood & trunk shut. I tried pushing the reset button when the Service A indicator first appears, but it just goes away and nothing happens.
I also tried it with the instrument cluster totally asleep before I turned the key on, still nothing.
It's a simple 3-gauge cluster, clock, speedo, and tach.
Ok so you are close !! You have to make sure the "home" screen is displayed. That is the basic odometer screen that will show the mileage and outside temp. So press the page button not the arrows , turn the key on and press the page button (the button with the 2 squares ) doesn't matter which one , just press it until the home screen appears. Then shut the car off. Turn to first click then press the dash button 3 times. Here are the factory instructions
http://www.mediafire.com/view/24tp59vhi9j4x8v
Let me know if you get it. Lou
Here is also a YouTube link.
http://youtu.be/iuZAUPILnus
Let me know if you have issues. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
The initial screen showing service due also shows mileage and temperature. Is that the correct screen?
That is. That is the correct screen. Did you also see the video ?
Yes. I find the temp. screen, but nothing happens when I push the button 3x. No voltage screen.
I've tried it multiple times now with zero results.
Any ideas?
Hello?
Are you still there?
Is there another tech I can deal with?
Omg so sorry our internet went down I am here. Are you there ?
I sent you a offer. Maybe it's Better we speak on the phone to get this cleared up
Make sure all the Doors, hood , and trunk are closed. No warnings on the dash. Key at first click.
Have you had any luck ? So sorry for earlier. So frustrating when the internet goes down in the middle of a business day. I do really really apologize
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician