Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

E320: Charge a/c system , it works -10 minutes and st

Customer Question
Charge a/c system , it...
Charge a/c system , it works for 5-10 minutes and stops
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
5/30/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, if the system is fully charged most likely you have a bad evaporator temperature sensor. I need you to turn the key on and read out the actual values in the system through the climate control panel. Write them down and post them here and I'll tell you the next step. Click on the instructions below.

Read Out Actual Values In Climate Control

Marty

it say the evaporator temperature sensor is = 62

That's fine but I need all of the other values. What are you showing for #7, refrigerant pressure?

04

That's not enough pressure. You should read about 7 bar with the key on/ engine off. I'd add a little more refrigerant. You are probably about a pound low.

we add 2,2 pounds, is the system is going pop. so put 3.2 pounds

u know what, the air get cool, but a/c compressor does not encage

Do you have a charging station? I don't want you to overfill it but 4 bar is way to low for your refrigerant pressure. I don't think you really have 2.2 lbs in there.

Also try reading and erasing the fault codes. Click on the instructions below.

Read And Erase Fault Codes in Climate Control

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Did you get the a/c working? Please let me know.

Marty