Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2006 e350 with 159000 miles the other day the car

Customer Question

i have a 2006 e350 with 159000 miles the other day the car stop running. the cranks but no start. I used a scanner with generic codes of P0025 and P0022.
I replaced the cam shaft solenoid still wont start. a mechanic old me it is probably the crank sensor. just replaced that and still wont start. im about ready to tow it to a dealer. but i like working on cars i replaced engines,transmissions on other cars as a hobby for 30 years , but new to benz. i need to check for fuel not sure how, and i know that the balaner is problem with these cars. help.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also just diagnosed no fuel pressure at fuel rail bought car at 68000 miles 8/13 never changed fuel filter.
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** apologize for the wait. If you have no fuel pressure when cranking I'd say the fuel pump has failed. The filter will not usually plug up on this model. The pump and the filter are both located in the fuel tank. I'd check power to the pump when cranking the motor and if you have power I'd go ahead and replace the pump and filter. I'm assuming that there is fuel in the tank.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful? Please let me know.
Marty