Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 e350 with 159000 miles the other day the car…

Customer Question
i have a 2006 e350...
i have a 2006 e350 with 159000 miles the other day the car stop running. the cranks but no start. I used a scanner with generic codes of P0025 and P0022.
I replaced the cam shaft solenoid still wont start. a mechanic old me it is probably the crank sensor. just replaced that and still wont start. im about ready to tow it to a dealer. but i like working on cars i replaced engines,transmissions on other cars as a hobby for 30 years , but new to benz. i need to check for fuel not sure how, and i know that the balaner is problem with these cars. help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
also just diagnosed no fuel pressure at fuel rail bought car at 68000 miles 8/13 never changed fuel filter.
5/28/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** apologize for the wait. If you have no fuel pressure when cranking I'd say the fuel pump has failed. The filter will not usually plug up on this model. The pump and the filter are both located in the fuel tank. I'd check power to the pump when cranking the motor and if you have power I'd go ahead and replace the pump and filter. I'm assuming that there is fuel in the tank.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful? Please let me know.
Marty