Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

C230 Kompressor: Mercedes 2005 C230 Kompressor, key remote…

Customer Question
Mercedes 2005 C230 Kompressor, key...
Mercedes 2005 C230 Kompressor, key remote will not open and close door, also radio reception not good.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
5/27/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Stan, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
My name is ***** ***** i would like to answer your question.
The symptoms indicate that radio antenna amplifier is not working.
It has a fuse in the trunk fusebox, so please check all of the fuses there first of all. If all is fine, the connector for the amplifier should be checked- it is in the driver side c-pillar. If the amplifier does have a voltage supply there, it is very likely that amplifier is faulty. Amplifier itself is mounted to the roof, along the edge of the window.
Best regards;
Stan
Sorry, put what is the side c - pillar and is the amplifier edge of back window.Thank u for your time.
Amplifier is mounted to the roof, hidden behind the roof paneling. It is installed along the edge of the roof, where the rear window is mounted.
C-pillar is the rear roof post, which runs along the side of the rear window.
Best regards,
Stan
Stan
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician