Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

GL 450: I am looking to buy a 2007 Mercedes-Benz V8 4.7L DOHC

Customer Question

I am looking to buy a 2007 Mercedes-Benz V8 4.7L DOHC mileage 130,000. Good mileage, bad mileage. What can I expect in the way of problems?
Gary
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gary, 130,000 miles is a little on the high side but there is nothing wrong with buying a Mercedes with that many miles if the car has been well maintained. Overall it's a pretty solid car. Some of the early 2007's had a problem with the balance shaft gear in the motor. You should check the vin number and see if this particular car is prone to that problem. With this many miles I would have to think that the gear has already been replaced if it was a problem. Other common problems are oil leakage and suspension bushing wear and motor and transmission mount wear. The transmission electronics will sometimes give problems. The air suspension system is also prone to leakage as the cars get older. I recommend that you have a pre-purchase inspection performed by a Mercedes specialist before you make up your mind.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty