Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cls550: Ran into high water and engine shut off now won't turn…

Customer Question
Ran into high water and...
Ran into high water and engine shut off now won't turn over
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
5/26/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Kevin, Master tech replied 3 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Master tech
Hi I'm Kevin this does not sound good first thing to do is removal all plugs and see if engine will turn over without them fitted. The problem you have is water cannot be compressed and when it makes it's way inside an engine the piston tries to compress it and it can't it has likely bent a con rod worse case ruining the engine but you need to get plugs out. You may be lucky and there is just water in cylinders that is stopping engine from moving and when plugs are remove land engine turned over it will be forced out of plug holes. It only takes a teaspoon of water to break an engine
Water didn't get into engine but the sensors were going off in as we ran into low area that was flooded and the car cut off. Does that sound like engine messed up?
If it was sensors it's unlikely that you would have issues that quickly I would first remove air filter and see if it's wet