Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have a 1982 380 SL in storage which hasn't been driven for…

Customer Question
We have a 1982 380...
We have a 1982 380 SL in storage which hasn't been driven for several years. How do we drain the old gas so as not to clog the fuel injection system? Thanks Bill A
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
5/25/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi Bill, if you look under the right rear of the car you will see the fuel pump and fuel filter. The easiest way to drain the fuel tank is to disconnect the large hose going to the left side of the fuel pump. This hose comes directly from the fuel tank. Just let the fuel gravity drain into a large container.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty