Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

500sl: Friend forced rollover bar back to try to get top to

Customer Question

Friend forced rollover bar back to try to get top to come up. Something went pop now nothing works .rollover bar is in locked position and trunk is open about 4" but nothing moves now.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Most likely something broke. To reset the roll bar all you had to do was hold the roll bar button up until you hear the hydraulic motor activate and if you were to keep holding it would have made a loud click and the catch would have been re connected. Try to do that and see if it helps. If not he may have broken off the switch that tells the position of the roll bar and that's why the roof will not work now. It may have to be looked at by a shop now. It should not have been forced at all. I don't even know how that was possible lol. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉