Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

C230: I was told that my 2002 c230 Kompressor PCV valve need…

Customer Question
I was told that my...
I was told that my 2002 c230 Kompressor PCV valve need replacing because it causes the Oxygen Sensor to get oil on it causing the engine light to come on failing my state inspection? HELP??!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
5/22/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less.That makes no sense as your car does not have a pcv valve , do you have check engine light on and if so what are the code(s)?
The engine light actually came back on when I brought the car for state inspection. The mechanic said that I needed and oxygen sensor . However another mechanic said that all was around the oxygen sensor and he cleaned it and turn the lights off
Ok. Oil around a sensor will not necessarily make a sensor go bad. Especially a oxygen sensor. They are used to working up to 500 degrees a little oil will not hurt it and will usually burn off. And if oil is on the wiring that is ok too it doesn't necessarily cause issues. I would replace that oxygen sensor that caused the code. Not because of the oil leak but because the sensors don't make codes for no reason. And oxygen sensors are common to fail. As for the oil leake maybe they meant oil from the "pcv chambers?" Or top of the valve cover ? Also these engines had a problem with a vacuum hose that would tear and leak air causing a engine light. Here is a link to the bulletin
http://www.mediafire.com/view/cz9togtj65z6gds
Copy and paste that.
I hope I answered your question please let me know if you need more information I will be glad to help. But you don't have a pcv valve like American cars do. And just erasing a code NEVER helps anything the code Always comes back. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Ok...but he said the Oxygen sensor is ok. The PCV valve needs to be replaced. He cleaned the Oxygen Sensor and Air Intake already. He turned the Engine Light off...Im currently driving the car WITHOUT the engine light on....and its still off. They said the light will come back on....because the PCV valve will spit oil everywhere and cause the light to come back on. My question: WHAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED: the oxygen sensor, PCV valve, or what?
Ok...but he said the Oxygen sensor is ok. The PCV valve needs to be replaced. He cleaned the Oxygen Sensor and Air Intake already. He turned the Engine Light off...Im currently driving the car WITHOUT the engine light on....and its still off. They said the light will come back on....because the PCV valve will spit oil everywhere and cause the light to come back on. My question: WHAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED: the oxygen sensor, PCV valve, or what? I just wanna pass the state inspection?