Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

SL500: My 03 SL500 won't start after sitting a couple of days.

Customer Question
My 03 SL500 won't start...
My 03 SL500 won't start after sitting a couple of days. When I turn the key the electronics all come on, but the car won't start until I try several times. The problem does not happen when the car has been running for a while
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/22/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Your car has 2 batteries. One under the hood for starting and one in the trunk for the vehicles electrical systems. There is a control module that will switch between the two batteries depending on the voltage level of both of them. If the rear battery is dead it's not a big deal as the front battery will start the car and then allow the alternator to charge the rear battery. Now if the front battery is weak or does the module will recognize this when the key is turned on and wait for a few minutes the control module will connect the rear battery to the front battery to allow the vehicle to be started. That is why it is taking so long. So you will have to have the front battery Checked and either charged or replaced. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.