Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Smart car won't start,neutral indicater light shows three bars…

Customer Question
smart car won't start,neutral indicater...
smart car won't start,neutral indicater light shows three bars &fuel &temp gauges flasting,help
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
5/21/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less.it sounds like your shifter is bad. Can you turn the key in and without starting , move the shifter into reverse and drive and see if the dash changes to show what gear you are in. If it does not show the gear then most likely the shifter has failed and will need to be replaced. Let me know if you need more information. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
ehere is the shifter located?
the shifter is the knob you use to put the car into gear.