Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ml500: , I just changed batteris on my remote 2002

Customer Question
Hi, I just changed batteris...
Hi, I just changed batteris on my remote for a 2002 ml500 and got start error. I disconnected battery and tried to sync but the engine started and went out right away
when I enter the car the lock button inside the car does not respond either
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Hi Marty, are you there. It was because you asked to help that I paid the $5.
5/20/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, sorry for not responding last night. It was close to midnight here in Florida when you posted your question and I had already turned in for the night.
What you are describing is a faulty key. It's possible that something went wrong while you were changing the batteries. The circuit board may have cracked when you opened the case. The batteries are not even needed for starting the car. They are only for the remote locking. If you have a spare key you should try it. If you don't have a spare you can try leaving the battery disconnected for 12 hours and the system may reset itself. As far as the locks are concerned you should check fuse 42 in the fuse box under the hood.
Let me know how you make out.
Marty
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?
Marty