Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ml 400 4 matic 2015: Has there been reported airbags not deploying…

Customer Question
Has there been reported airbags...
Has there been reported airbags not deploying in a hard frontal crash on Mercedes 2015 ml 400 4 matic?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
5/19/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less.have you had a crash where a airbag did not deploy ?
There are no recalls or common issues with reported airbag non-deployments. But I can tell you that the car will not deploy a airbag if the module does not determine a airbag is needed in a event of a crash. The seat belts can actually tension your body to keep you in the seat. And there are 2 stages to the airbags so depending on how severe the crash depends on how hard and fast the airbags will deploy. So not all crashes will have a airbag deploy. Now if there is a srs lamp on due to a fault , the faulty circuit will not deploy as a safety , the module actually turns off that circuit so no accidental deployments happen. Hope this information helps , Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will absolutely continue to help if you need follow up information, all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you, i appreciate it, Thank you , Lou.