Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

SL 500: My sensors show as not ready during my vehicle inspection

Customer Question

My sensors show as not ready during my vehicle inspection due to a new battery being installed. The tech says to drive it 60 mi. Or more for EC to pick them up, is this so?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less.that is true to a point. Depending on fuel level and outside temperature you may have to drive the car for a few days up to 400 miles before all the systems will perform their test. If the ECM loses power or the codes are erased it will reset the test procedure called "rediness monitor " and you will have to drive until all tests are finished. And the only way to know if the test had been performed is to have a good scanner hooked up that can tell. So if you have the time allowed fill up the fuel tank and by the time the tank is empty all tests should be performed. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will absolutely continue to help if you need follow up information, all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you, i appreciate it, Thank you , Lou.