Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

CLK-430: I have a 2001 CLK-430. My battery died this winter.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 CLK-430. My battery died this winter. How do I pop my trunk so I change my battery? What bolt do I put the positive connection to to pop the trunk?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** would be better off connecting jumper cables to the positive terminals under the hood and to the chassis and using a jumper battery to power the car so you can pop the trunk with your remote. The positive terminals are right in front of the fuse box on the driver's side. Open the box with the X on the lid and connect your positive jumper to any of the terminals in that box and connect your negative jumper cable to the chassis or to a bracket on the motor. I've attached a picture of the positive terminals below. Copy and paste the link into your browser. Let me know if you get it opened.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/n6swow8me3bu23u/x12connector.PNG
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?
Marty