MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

C280: I hit a 4 x 4 piece of wood in the highway, it was about

Customer Question

I hit a 4 x 4 piece of wood in the highway, it was about maybe 2 ft. long....hit it with my left front tire....should say ran over it....and of course it went BAM ! so I pulled over....tire didn't go flat...but when I started back on the road , the cruise didn't work....made it home and my husband took off the tire...it had a big bulge in the middle of the outside of tire...had bent the rim away from the rim on outside where it hit and then on the inside it is really bent away from the tire in a pretty good space of about maybe 3 inches...very strange that it didn't go flat...my question is what do you think happened to the cruise? could it just be a fuse or ?? It is a 1997 c280 Mercedes.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has been HOURS..................is anyone going to answer my question??????????????
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** could have hot the front wheel speed sensor on that wheel, is the ABS light on when driving?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, no lights of any kind came on after the hit or have come on since....
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
ok, he needs to check the wiring at the sensor on that wheel, if it is damaged, it will not let the cruise control come on, its really the only thing in that area tha will effect the cruise control, can he do that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what does it look like and where would it be? Can you send a pic of what it looks like?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
I dont have a picture. but it is on the inside of the wheel near the brake caliper, it is the only thing there with electrical wires,Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, I will have him check it....does it plug into something?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello ???? I just asked another question.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it plugs into the sensor, the sensor in mounted to the backing plate,Tim