Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

C300: I have a Mercedes c 300 and the chip key starts the car

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes c 300 and the chip key starts the car but it won't lock or unlock the doors or the truck I just replaced the batteries in the remote key but it's still not working can you help
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Do you have more than one remote ? If so do they both do the same ? Hold down any button on the remote for a few seconds and a little red light will come on near the panic button to let you know the battery is ok. If the red light does come on and te car still does not unlock then the key is bad. Also if the red light does not come on check to make sure batteries are in the correct way. If the batteries are in the correct way and the light does not come on then you have a bad key. All issues with locks are always because of either the batteries or the key so if you check how I suggested and it still does not work then replace the key. And you can only buy the key from the dealer as you cannot reprogram a used key. It HAS to be new from a dealer so do not waste your money on eBay. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉