Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

E300 W210: Hi Marty, My 1999 E300 turbo diesel intermittently…

Customer Question
Hi Marty, My 1999 E300 turbo...
Hi Marty,
My 1999 E300 turbo diesel intermittently blows hot hot air through the side vents, even if the A/C is on and trying to cool the rest of the car. I got codes (from 1 to 8) 5,0,1,10,48,15,02,03 and E61 234, then E FF.
Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercedes
11/15/2014
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 8 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, on the first 8 codes you listed, are those the actual values? They don't seem to make sense.

Marty

Hi Marty,

Those are the numbers that were on the display. It was a cold day and the car had been running for a minute or two.

My display is set for celsius temperatures, not fahrenheit

Hi Bruce, #7 is your refrigerant pressure. You should be reading at least 7 bar. I'd evacuate and recharge the system and see if that evens out your vent temperatures. If the system is undercharged it can blow cold in the middle and warm on the sides.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Please note that you must rate my service in order for the website to credit me for my help. If you don't click on a positive rating I do not get paid for helping you. You can still reply back to this question if you need further assistance after you rate my service.