Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

mercedes CL55 amg: 2006 Mercedes CL55 AMG. How do I remove

2006 Mercedes CL55 AMG....
2006 Mercedes CL55 AMG. How do I remove the wood grain panel covering the entertainment control console, also called the central command unit. The unit with the radio, nav, c/d stuff and so on? I am told this is tricky and delicate. I can't find any instructions on how to do this.
8/16/2013
Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech

Hello I'm Paul and I will help you with an Answer to your Question

I am attaching the procedure to remove the Center cover

click here to view

Remember to rate my answer positive so I get credit for my help.

If you need more help just log in to the site and reply the question will remain for follow up.

Paul

This reply does not answer my question. There is a wood grain panel, real wood and delicate, that surrounds the control panel, the various function buttons above the panel including the e-flasher button, and extends downward surrounding the hvac controls, the ashtray, the gear shift lever and panel, and has two thin arms that extend up the front sides of the console between the seats. This is what I am concerned about removing.

Sorry for the confusion

I found the information on the center console cover

click here to view the removal procedure

let me know if you need more help

Paul

Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX what I was looking for. There is a reference to Fig 25 regarding removing the cover from the selector lever. Could you please send that? Also, there are references to removing various other components, such as the ashtray housing, upper control panel control module, AAC push-button control module, and the command operating and display system. Could you please send me these as well? I want to be sure I have a complete set of instructions before I start this job. There must be a reason why Mercedes allows on hour or more for this procedure. I don't want to get it wrong. Thank you.

Stand by while I gather those attachments for you

Paul

Ok fine

--m

I put together the missing attachments

click here to view

They should be in order of the procedure

Paul

Thanks. More questions. Could you look on the last page of the instructions you just sent me? It is asking for a quiescent current

retention unit (I think that means a small 12v battery) to be connected and the main battery in the trunk to be disconnected. Is this necessary?

Also, the picture of that long wedge keeps showing up, but there is no reference as to what it is needed for or what to do with it. I can make any kind of a wedge in my shop, but what do I need it for?

there showing the wedge figure #25 in step 3 to remove the cover around the shifter

the current retention unit would be a memory saver... to keep the radio presets and computer memories alive

Paul

Ok thanks. I will shipping the 'radio' out of state for repairs to the motherboard, so saving the presets is neither practical nor necessary.

I am satisfied your the information you have supplied, although it is too bad that your service, Mitchell, doesn't use larger pictures with better resolution and doesn't supply more information and detail in their narrative.

I will be digging into this thing this weekend and will reply back to you on Monday on how things went. I don't think I should need any more help, but ..... we'll see. Have a good weekend.

No problem

Remmeber to rate my answer so I get credit.

if you need more help just log into the site and the question will remain for follow up.

the graphic resolution varies from the different manufacturers in mitchell

Paul

Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Hi Martin

I'm just following up with you to see how everything worked out?

Please remember to rate my answer positive so I get credit for my help.

If you need more help let me know

Paul
Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech