Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

ML 270 CDI: Hi,i have ml 270 cdi 2001 with auto.trany 722.6

Hi,i have ml 270 cdi...
Hi,i have ml 270 cdi 2001 with auto.trany 722.6 and my problem is limp mode on at.I have mb C3 STAR diagnostic system and i am getning cod 006 cont.solenoid valve Y3/6y1 modulating pressure valve and code 102 sporadically control solenoid valve Y3/6y1 mod.press.valve.I have changed the valve for new genuin one and after 4 days the same ting.Vhen the trany works is schifting OK.Inside no melted lining no metal chips.I have changed conductor plate and after 5 days the same and the star DAS is not able clear the code.I have new oil and filter.I have changed the controller and same thing.The code will clear only if the tany and the controller are disconnected for 20 days or more.Thi is qustion for Mercedes benz automatic transmission expert.Sorry for my english. Merick
5/6/2013
Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.

Billy :

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

Billy :

I think that the valve body requires replacing.... However, before getting to that, let's double check a few things:

Billy :

- "i have changed the controller" would that be the auto transmission control module?

Billy :

- usually, you are not being able to clear the code, did it clear when the solenoid was replaced? and when the conductor plate was replaced?

Billy :

- i know this one is silly, but i need to make sure: the replaced mod. solenoid came with its wiring, so you only unplugged and refitted?

Billy :

- and again, please be patient: did you replace the solenoid named Y10.26 on the pic below

Billy :

- was the wiring from the control unit to the mod. solenoid valve checked for continuity (and the wiring connectors checked for clean and tight connection)?

Customer:

Yes i changed the trany controller

Customer:

yes i changet the trany controller,yes it did clear after change solenoid and after change conductor plate,but it olsou clear after only removing the valve body and checking all the components with out change noting stay 3 weeks or 4 weeks without batery connected.the solenoi das not hawe wiring only 2 pointed contact,i have removed the valve body and change the solenoid.Yes this Y10.26 i have replaced.I have checked the wiring from the controller to the trany only for the solenoid Y10.26 and it was ok.Why do you thing that the valve body need to be replaced?The trany is changing the gears to my opinion wel with no slipping ,no gear monitorig or samthing else appers .I go on long distanc over 200mls and city for 6 days and the trany giv no problem or warning and than it coms once to limp mode and is ok only to stop and turn the key of and i goas ok fo little time and 2 to 3 time more and stays in limp and the code can not be cleard. Merick

Billy :

Hello Merick,

Billy :

Since the conductor plate, and modulating pressure solenoid were replaced, and the wiring checked (even the controller was replaced), then the only reason for the fault would be getting wrong modulating pressure, and that would be caused by the valve body (the valve body is a common problem on your model, causing this fault, and sometimes other faults). If you have no other fault codes (including engine management fault codes), and since everything related was replaced, then the fault can only be with the valve body (having already checked everything else). \

Billy :

You can double check the internal resistance of this solenoid should be within 4 and 8 ohms between pins 36 and 38. And the harness from the control module to the solenoids could be defective (also very common). The code 102 is the same as code 006, however, 102 means that the problem is intermittent (does not happen all the time).

Billy :

So, having checked all these, and if the problem persists, i would first replace the harness from ETC to valve body, and if that does not cure the problem, the valve body requires replacing.

Billy :

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more info...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Billy :

Regards, Billy.

Customer:

Hi Billy,I have other issues on other controllers(engine,ESP,ABS-Brakes)but the trany was working for 8 months just fine with all the problems.I have buy the car with more problems and fixin them one by one.Tel me how the trany controller can know that the solenoid is the problem(harnes to the solenoid ok and the solenoid new.To buy new harnes i will try,but new valve body is costly and i have make shure it is the problem because with no faulty code the trany works well.I have worked on other same tranys much olders and after fixing electrical problem by replacing component tranys newer com back with same problem.

Customer:

Merick

Billy :

Hello Merick,

Billy :

I know that the valve body is costly, and that is bad news, so first let us hope that the wiring harness fixes the issue (and it is very likely to). If you have other problems (like engine faults), these might cause the modulating pressure fault, the ABS and brakes modules would not know about the solenoid fault, the ESP would know. However, if you want to get into these, just get back to me with all the fault codes and issues (symptoms etc..., what have you tried, ....) so we proceed accordingly.

Billy :

Regards, Billy.

Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Hello Merick!

Hope all is well...

Just checking if your transmission issue was sorted. Get back to me whenever you need additional assistance or technical details.

Regards,
Billy
Billy
Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.