Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

So, how do you reset battery warning light on 2006 ml 350 after

So, how do you reset battery warning light on 2006 ml 350 after replacing battery?

Michael Warfield :

Is the warning message white or red?

Customer:

I just replaced battery, the waring message is white and comes on as soon as i start car.

Michael Warfield :

Was that message on before you replaced the battery?

Michael Warfield :

Because that message will come on if you knock off the small wire attached to the main negative cable on the battery

Michael Warfield :

Also, if you had that message before you replaced the main battery, replacing the main battery won't solve your problem. That white warning message is for the auxillary back up battery near the main battery in the same compartment.

Customer:

I don't recall seeing battery warning message before car wouldn't start. There could have been a red message, I don't remember, but the message after main battery was replaced is white. Does this mean the white light indicates it's the aux battery?

Michael Warfield : Yes, the auxillary battery is either discharged, bad, or you simply just knocked off the small little wire that attaches to the negative terminal. Lift the floor vent cover back off and look for a loose thin wire.
Michael Warfield : It should be orange/brown in color
Customer:

Thanks Michael. I will check for the orange/brown wire in the morning.