Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

CL500: 2002 mercedes CL500, the door locks and truck actuator

2002 mercedes CL500, the door...
2002 mercedes CL500, the door locks and truck actuator don't work at all. the buttons in the car or the key remote don't move, lock or unlock anything. When I use the key remote to lock the doors it sets the alarm and the lights flash but the doors don't lock. The trunk and door lock and unlock with the manually key.
10/31/2012
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Customer:

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be glad to help you with this. Are you in the chat now?

Hi John, it appears as though you are online but I don't think you received my reply in chat mode.

This sounds like your PSE module for the central locks has failed. The module is located in the trunk on the driver's side behind the trunk lining. It's basically the vacuum pump for the locks. Fuse 62 in the rear fuse box below the passenger side rear seat is for the module. You can check that fuse and replace it if it's blown but it will probably blow again if the module is going bad. It's a yellow 20 amp fuse. To access the fuses you need to remove the footwell lamp below the seat cushion.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

If the fuse is blown should I assume the PSE module is bad or is there a way to test it. And is this a part I can get online or is it a dealer only part

Hi John, sorry for the delay I had to leave to drive home. If the fuse is blown and continues to blow you can be pretty sure that the PSE module is bad. A simple test would be to unplug the module and see if the fuse still blows. The module on your car is a dealer only item but you can purchase it online at a discount. Click here for a source for the module.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician