Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Mercedes-Benz 380SL: I changed the warm up regulator every

I changed the warm up regulator every time i turn on the key to start position i wait ten seconds to start to crank..... Whatever the problem is its getting worse it usto start after six or seven miss starts now it takes up to twenty before it starts

eurotec :

Hi Chuck, the cold starting is all about the fuel pressure. You need to know what your cold warm up regulator pressure is. If the pressure is too high you won't get enough cold enrichment. You need to turn the key on and off repeatedly to prime the system. Just leaving the key on will not do it as the pump only runs for 2 seconds each time you turn the key. I really think that this is a pressure problem as opposed to a fuel bleed down problem.

Customer: