Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How to fix Mercedes C240 center console lid?

Customer Question
2005 Mercedes Benz C240 the...

2005 Mercedes Benz C240 the center console (arm rest) lid came off. accidentally. I removed it by pushing both sides in and it came off.

I've tried EVERYTHING to put it back in but nothing worked so far. I really need help with getting it back on. How to fix it? An instruction guide would be helpful.

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/7/2012
Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician replied 6 years ago
Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician

There is no instruction guide for doing this but I can walk you through. It is very tricky but you should be able to do it. First turn the lid upside down, then you must push and hold both tabs on the rear closer together with your right hand. A second person helps with this step, also make sure you are sitting in the drivers seat ready to put the center console lid back on. Have somebody push the center little button while with your left hand push both buttons on the side of the lid that actually let you raise and lower each side.

You should see both pins almost completely hide back into their holes. Once you keep pressure on the buttons, you should be able to let go of the rear tabs and the 2nd person can let go of the center button. You can then proceed to push the lid back on the center console. I might consider practicing inside your home to get the pins of the center console lid to go back in their holes. There are 2 pins for each side that must retract partially into their holes.

Here is a link to a video that Just Answer's Eurotec made for this problem. I hope this is easier to understand then the way I explained it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_fvo9uejXw