Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

C240: rear door..lock button has unscrewed and wont screw..door panel

The rear door of a C240 2004 will only open from the inside. The lock button has unscrewed and won't screw back in. How do I remove the door panel to fix it? Thanks.

eurotec :

Hi, I can post the workshop instructions for the removal of the door panel. Would that be acceptable?

Customer:

yes please

eurotec :

Ok, standby

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try now, will let you know how it goes.

eurotec :

ok

Customer:

Yup that got it. I couldn't find the slot to remove the plastic handle cover before and I was worried about the air bag. But I got it apart and now both handles are working inside and outside. I guess the lock button shaft got jammed inside? Not sure but at least it is working now. Thank you very much.