Anthony
Anthony, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  MB Tech. since 1997. ASE Master. MB Factory Technician. MB Antique Specialist.
15218643

Can i change the battery on my 2005 c230 kompressor at home

can i change the battery on my 2005 c230 kompressor at home
Hello! Welcome to justanswer!

Yes. If you know where it is, just unhook the negative terminal first and hook it back up last. If you need more info, let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
will it interfere with other components
hi, i'll be happy to help you in anyway i can.
you'll need the radio code and when you restart it for the first time you'll need to synchronize the steering angle sensor by turning the wheel from lock to lock several times.
synchronize the windows by holding each switch down for 3 seconds in both directions to the first detent.
thats it.
good luck and merry xmas
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
where can i get the radio code
The only way to get the code is in person at a Mercedes dealership. However if you can use jumper wires and hook a booster pack to your terminals and be very careful you can change the battery and not loose any settings. Thats how we do it without the ag of changing radio stations and remembering radio codes. Or have the dealer change the battery for $50. Those two options are the only way if you do not know your code.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
is abattery charger an acceptable booster pack
No, only another battery is. Also please just reply rather than relist your answer. Only another battery like jumper cables hooked up will make it like you never unhooked the battery and can install the new one without loosing any settings.
Anthony, Mercedes Technician
Experience: MB Tech. since 1997. ASE Master. MB Factory Technician. MB Antique Specialist.